Every Sunday this Gamecocks Blog and Bloguin’s NCAA hoops writers come together to vote on the four best teams in the country, our Fabulous Four, plus the best team from a non-BCS conference. We present to you the Fab Four Plus One – because who has time to read a list of 25 teams.
Here is our ballots last week and this week:
Week 12 (last week):
1. Kansas — Jayhawks have arrived on top of the basketball ranking perch. Will a date with the Wildcats ruin Valentine’s Day?
2. Texas — Hamilton and Thompson are leading the Longhorns on their quest to be the best. Have not lost in over a month, are they due soon?
3. Ohio State — Early loss is good. That is what you tell yourself if you are a Buckeye fan and that this should not be a habit.
4. Duke — the Devils are one of the elite teams and after beating UNC they deserve to be in the Fab Four.
-BYU – Jimmer’s season and BYU’s rests on Feb. 26th.
Week 13 (this week):
1. Duke – Have won five straight and does not seem to be slowing any time soon.
2. Ohio State – Feed Sullinger and get decent guard play, equals winning right? Purdue and the Badgers may have something different to say down the final stretch.
3. Kansas - Wildcats got the best of the Jayhawks but still a overall good team with the Morris boys and should win the Big 12.
4. SDSU - Kawhi is not a fruit but a key player for the Aztecs. Next week against BYU is for all the marbles.
-Aztecs and for the same reason as above.
I look forward to the SDSU and BYU game as I go back-in-forth on which squad is better. So do you agree that Duke is the #1 team this week?