The No. 6 South Carolina Gamecocks (4-0, 2-0 SEC) travel north to clash with the Kentucky Wildcats (1-3, 0-1 SEC). This SEC football game will kickoff on Saturday evening at 7 p.m. ET (ESPN2). The big question is not IF the Gamecocks will win but by how much. South Carolina enters as a 21 point favorite. For USC to achieve a big win by big numbers, the Gamecocks must respect these five UK football players:
1. Maxwell Smith. The sophomore threw for 966 yards and eight TDs in three games but missed last week’s shutout loss in Gainesville with a bruised joint in his throwing shoulder. He’ll be playing most likely in this contest. USC will need to keep him in check. But with the USC front seven….I should not be worried.
2. Alvin “Bud” Dupree. The sophomore linebacker has made at least one big play in eight straight games. Against Florida, Dupree had eight tackles including a sack. He leads the Wildcats with five tackles for loss. USC’s Connor Shaw needs to know where he is on the field before he says “hike.”
3. Raymond Sanders. This back is averaging 7.7 yards per carry with a touchdown. Out of the UK running back, I feel he is one that USC must show respect to as he can be elusive.
4. La’Rod King. He has 26 catches and two touchdowns to lead all Kentucky receivers. The Cocks need to blanket him.
5. Avery Williamson. This linebacker loves to be around the ball as he has 41 tackles and an interception. USC must keep a block on him and respect his coverage skills.
There you have it. Watch for these five about for UK but do trust USC to have the right gameplan in hand. Go Cocks!